John Gilbert has been practicing public accounting for over 30 years and became a Shareholder with Sol Schwartz & Associates in 2005.
John heads our Real Estate and Construction practice groups. In addition, John provides business consulting, tax planning and various accounting-related services to clients in the retail industry. Having devoted his early years of public accounting with a national accounting firm, John brings a qualified viewpoint to his work.
John’s varied client base represents a mix of individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. As part of his commitment to his profession, John has lectured and written on various income tax topics for CPAs and attorneys in San Antonio. John heads up the firm’s Real Estate/Construction niche and assists in leading the International niche.
John received a B.B.A in 1973 and an M.P.A in 1974 from St. Mary’s University.
Professional / Industry / Community Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Real Estate Council of SA – Sub Committee Chair – Economic Development
- CCIM – Member
- CFMA – Member
- Free Trade Alliance San Antonio – Board of Directors
- The North Chamber of Commerce Sustainability Committee
- Responsible Growth Alliance
- CREW San Antonio – Member