Whether you are negotiating a merger, considering liquidation or a business restructure, dealing with disputes associated with liability, shareholder equity, marital dissolution or trust planning, your legal counsel should ask your CPA for assistance. The litigation team at Sol Schwartz & Associates, led by Cesar Mejia, CPA, CFE, can assist as a consultant or an expert witness.
As a consultant or an expert witness in a case, Sol Schwartz & Associates can assist your legal team with:
- Developing financial and tax strategies
- Identifying significant issues
- Finding the strong and weak points of your case from the accounting perspective
- Advising your legal team on how the opposing expert might approach the issue
- Assessing monetary damages or loss of income
When we provide litigation support services, we review all the documentation that relates to the case, including reports, financial data, analysis, meeting minutes, etc.
Throughout the discovery, trial, mediation or arbitration process, a good litigation support process will:
- Adhere to authoritative sources
- Be aware of industry best practices
- Be consistent on the issue at stake, now and in the past
Sol Schwartz & Associates can provide you and your legal team with valuable litigation support in:
- Internal control evaluations
- Tax law and regulations
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Application of statistical methods
- Forensic accounting
We invite you to contact us directly, or continue browsing our website to learn more about how we can help you.