The CAS Manager will lead and manage various aspects of the engagement responsibilities for our clients. This position provides the opportunity to work directly with client contacts, exposure to a variety of industries, and the opportunity to work within a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The CAS Manager will be responsible for leading, managing, and executing multiple engagements simultaneously amongst our clients.
- Perform/review core functions of client finance and accounting operations: key account reconciliations, month-end close procedures, preparation of financial statements, analyze financial data and reports, etc. as needed in scope of each engagement.
- Review of payroll and related monthly, quarterly, and annual returns.
- Execute projects and communicate with clients in a timely, efficient manner.
- Supervise an accounting staff, external or internal, by reviewing quality of work, adherence to procedures, timeliness of deliverables and adherence to client budgets.
- Onboard new clients and train assigned team members on client processes, procedures, and team roles.
- Provide consulting services for clients regarding financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, processes, procedures, analysis of metrics and KPIs, and other general business.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with client executives by gaining an in-depth understanding of their business needs and objectives in order to proactively identify issues and provide solutions and expansion of services.
- Perform Controller services for clients in multiple industry sectors when needed.
- Assist with ad-hoc tax and/or consulting engagements.
- Assist in prospect discovery, follow-up, fee estimates, proposals, and engagement letters. Address any issues of scope creep to be captured.
- Maintain contacts with peers, develop a network of business contacts, meet with prospective clients, and cultivate referrals.
- Identify and participate in marketing activities to include for example: networking events, writing blogs, presenting at tradeshows/lunch and learns, or presenting training to staff and clients.
- Assist with hiring of staff, and provide training, mentoring, coaching and feedback as needed.
- Contribute to team effort to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate, develop, and improve department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency. Address any issues, to adhere to budgets and realization.
- Attend professional training and keep informed about latest developments in firm work and in client industries.
- Manage billings and assist with timely collections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years recent relevant public accounting, tax, or review experience OR relevant accounting experience with experience in audits, financial reports, and moderate to complex month-end closings.
- Strong knowledge of overall financial and internal controls to support a GAAP compliant environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another related program. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification required.
- Previous CFO/ Controller experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and accounting software programs (QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, CCH Suite or CCH Axcess, etc.) OR be a quick learner of new software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, consistency, and efficiency.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to schedule, monitor, and manage multiple client engagements and prioritize work.
- Customer service oriented with effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
- Prior success managing projects and people.
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Self-motivated, consistently follow through with commitments, take ownership of work, and be accountable for actions.
If you are looking for a growth environment and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team known for its commitment to work/life balance, complex engagements, and high-quality service to clients, then you should consider joining Sol Schwartz & Associates!
We value our professionals and strive to provide our people with the resources and incentives they need to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We are offer a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
Apply anytime by submitting your resume and contact information to HR@SSAcpa.com.
All inquiries are confidential.
Sol Schwartz & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.