INTERNAL CONTROL REVIEWS AND CONSULTING
You cannot be in business without taking risks – but you can be smart and plan ahead to prevent or mitigate those risks. Sol Schwartz & Associates, offers internal control services that help safeguard your business from fraud, bribery, embezzlement, increased cost of capital and more. Your business’ internal controls include all policies and procedures developed to help you comply with regulations, minimize errors, and promote operating efficiencies.
Our control reviews and consulting services include:
- Implementing segregation of duties so that they are divided, or segregated, among different people to reduce risk of error or inappropriate actions
- Making sure transactions are properly authorized at the appropriate level
- Ensuring that records are routinely reviewed and reconciled by someone other than the preparer to reduce error and prevent misuse
- Monitoring equipment, inventories, cash and other property to make sure they are secured physically, counted periodically, and compared with item descriptions shown on control records
- Providing employees with appropriate training and guidance to ensure that they have the knowledge necessary to carry out their job duties, are provided with an appropriate level of direction and supervision, and are aware of the proper channels for reporting suspected improprieties
- Documenting policies and procedures and make them accessible to employees
- Reviewing operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned
We invite you to contact us directly, or continue browsing our website to learn more about how we can help you.